|Submissions put at district centres for public viewing
From tomorrow (March 1), members of the public could view copies of written submissions from different organisations and individuals whom the Constitutional Development Task Force has met. These copies are deposited in the Public Enquiry Service Centres (PESCs) of five District Offices throughout the territory.
The Task Force has had a number of meetings with organisations and individuals from different sectors of the community, including the Legislative Council, District Councils, political parties and groups, the legal profession, the academia, trade unions as well as chambers of commerce since its inception in January. The Task Force has received more than 20 written submissions from these organizations and individuals.
All the submissions that the Task Force has received from these organisations and individuals will be published except those who specifically stated that they did not wish their submissions to be made public.
Addresses of the five PESCs are as follows:
* Wan Chai PESC: G/F., 2 O'Brien Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
* Kwun Tong PESC: Lower G/F., Kwun Tong District Branch Offices Building, 6 Tung Yan Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon
* Yau Tsim Mong PESC: G/F., Mong Kok Government Offices, 30 Luen Wan Street, Mong Kok, Kowloon
* Sha Tin PESC: G/F., Sha Tin Government Offices, 1 Sheung Wo Che Road, Sha Tin, New Territories
* Tsuen Wan PESC: 1/F., Tsuen Wan Station Multi-Storey Carpark Building, 174 - 208 Castle Peak Road, Tsuen Wan, New Territories
Morever, documents on issues of principle and legislative process relating to constitutional development under the Basic Law have been made available for public collection at all the PESCs of the Home Affairs Department. Views are welcome on the issues.
A list of the organisations and individuals that the Task Force has met will be uploaded onto the Constitutional Development website ( www.cab-review.gov.hk) tomorrow and will be updated from time to time. Those who have expressed wishes for anonymity will be excluded from the list.
Ends/Sunday, February 29, 2004